- 500 g, Extra Lean Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken or Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp, Eggwhites
- 1, Medium bell pepper – cubed
- 1, Small Yellow Onion – cubed
- 1/2 Cup, Quick Oats
- 2 tsp, Freeze-Dried Garlic or fresh garlic if you have!
- 3 tsp, Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil (for easy clean up) and spray with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Form meatballs with hands. Make them about 2 inches across
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake for 25 min or until internal temperature is 160 degrees
I like to eat my meatballs with spaghetti squash. You could serve it with rice, on lettuce, with rice pasta, etc.
Sauce options: Personally, I just buy sauces from the store – I check the labels to monitor how much sugar the sauce has. I then add extra veggies to the sauce by frying them in a pan to soften them and then adding them to the sauce. Throw any veggies you have in there! They will all hide in the sauce!
Quick way to make spaghetti squash – if you don’t have 45 minutes to cook it in the oven, do the following…
- Cut squash in half, scoop out the seeds
- Now cut into quarters
- Rub olive oil on the quarters – for extra flavour try a olive oil that is infused with spices. I used an Italian herb olive oil last time and it was amazing!
- Sprinkle some season on it – herbs, salt, pepper, whatever you like!
- Place quarters into a microwavable bowl with a lid.
- Microwave for 6 minutes, check and rotate the quarters. Be careful! The squash gets very, very hot.
- Microwave for another 6 minutes. Check with a fork to see if the ‘spaghetti’ pulls off easily.
- Microwave for 2-6 minute periods until it is a consistency that you like.